Anchor Standards for Reading
2. Determine central ideas or themes of a text and analyze their development; summarize the key supporting details and ideas.
4. Interpret words and phrases as they are used in a text, in-cluding determining technical, connotative, and figurative meanings, and analyze how specific word choices shape meaning or tone.
7. Integrate and evaluate content presented in diverse formats and media, including visually and quantitatively, as well as in words.
8. Delineate and evaluate the argument and specific claims in a text, including the validity of the reasoning as well as the relevance and sufficiency of the evidence.
Anchor Standards for Writing
10. Write routinely over extended time frames (time for re-search, reflection , and revision) and shorter time frames ( a single sitting or a day or two) for a range of tasks, purposes, and audiences.
Anchor Standards for Speaking and Listening
1.Prepare and participate effectively in a range of conversations and collaborations with diverse partners, building on others’ ideas and expressing their own clearly and persuasively.
2.Integrate and evaluate information presented in diverse me-dia and formats, including visually, quantitatively, and orally.3.Evaluate a speaker’s point of view, reasoning, and use of evidence and rhetoric.
4.Present information, findings, and supporting evidence such that listeners can follow the line of reasoning and the organiza-tion, development, and style are appropriate to task, purpose, and audience.